Visitor Permit

Home / Visitor Permit


Visitor Permit

Generally, a citizen of a foreign country who wishes to enter the United States must first obtain a permit, either a nonimmigrant permit for a temporary stay or an immigrant permit for permanent residence. Visitor permits are nonimmigrant permits for persons who want to enter the United States temporarily for business (permit category B-1), for tourism (permit category B-2), or for a combination of both purposes (B-1/B-2).
Here are some examples of activities permitted with a visitor permit:
Visitor permits will also not be issued for birth tourism (travel for the primary purpose of giving birth in the United States to obtain U.S. citizenship for their child).

Need a Permit Application?

Free Online Assessment